WET ON WET PAINTING BOARD SET
Wow, thank you for such an enthusiastic response to our wet on wet painting boards and kits!
August 28th update: During Lockdown we sold out of our second lot of boards. We are waiting for Level 3 on September 1st for our plywood supplier to reopen so we can make more boards. We will have them back in stock ASAP.
Each set comes with:
- wet on wet painting board
- 10ml sample jars of Stockmar paint ~ red, yellow and blue
- 5 x sheets heavy watercolour painting paper 200gsm, 35cm x 47cm (slightly larger than usual A3 size)
Our beautiful Wet on Wet Painting Boards** have been handmade with love in New Zealand, specifically for Waldorf wet on wet watercolour painting.
Designed to be enjoyable to use, pleasing to the eye with a beautiful woodgrain and rounded corners but also practical and made to stand up to the rigours of wet on wet painting.
- Each board measures 47cm x 35cm
- Made from 9mm, premium quality, marine grade plywood.
- Sanded and varnished to provide a smooth painting surface that is easily wiped clean.
- Boards are sealed with varnish to protect and prevent mould. Simply wipe clean after using and put away dry.
- Even dried on Stockmar paint wipes off easily with a damp cloth.
- After testing ours for a few months they are still looking great.
- Comfortably fits an A3 sheet.
- Can also be used as drawing boards.
- Please note as these are timber products the woodgrain and finish will vary in each board and from the sample image.
Stockmar Watercolour Paints - a little goes a long way with these high quality pigments, so each 10ml sample jar can last a long time. Many homeschoolers say a 20ml bottle of paint can last up to a year.
These paints are known for their excellent clarity natural transparency light-resistance and scumbling properties. The colour range follows the extended version of Goethe's "Theory of Colours'. Each tone has been adjusted so that it can be mixed well with the others. Harmonious intermediate gradations and boundary-less colour blending are also possible when using the wet-on-wet technique.
They can be used with all usual watercolouring techniques. Stockmar watercolours are ideal for transparent painting and when mixed with white can be used for non-transparent painting. They are produced from gum arabic and the finest light-resistant colour pigments have a very high yield-value and remain completely water-soluble when dry. The colour tones have been chosen so that they can be mixed to yield all intermediate shades without losing their brilliance and intensity. .
Tried and tested in art education at school and kindergarten these non-toxic paints are long-lasting and remain completely water soluble when dry.
Visit here for more wet on wet inspiration.
Brushes can be found here
Paint jars here
Paint jars and wooden tray here
Heavy watercolour painting paper, 200gsm here
Standard wet on wet painting paper here
.**Please note additional shipping charges will apply to this item for Australian and international customers due to boards weight and size plus additional items ordered.
You will be contacted at time of order to confirm costs and the goods shipped subject to your approval.